Hi there, Just thought ide see if I could possibly get some info on what may be up with my root filled 26 molar? I had the permanent filling placed around 6 months ago, I don't have a crown as yet, as I thought ide see how the tooth goes. U It been fine until yesterday, It's so sore now, even for my tongue to touch, any pressure at all hurts, I have no swelling that I can see and good healthy gingiva. I had my 17 extracted about 2 months ago and has healed fine, as it was in a different quadrant I presume this isn't my problem. I have wondered if my 37 may possibly be over erupted so maybe this may be an issue? I also suffer from bruxisum. Please help! Any info would rock!!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - August - 2012, at 00:33 AM

• There can be many reasons behing your pain. Few of the major ones are:

1. Acute traume to the tooth due to eating of anything solid from that side.
    2. Overeruption of the opposite tooth in the arch (as you said)
    3. Infection growing underneath the filling that has now started irritating the nerves

So, my suggestion is to get an Xray done to know the exact diagnosis. For time being you can take OTC medicines like ibuprofen. For more info on pain due to tooth infection you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dental-crown-for-tooth-with-large-cavity-902.aspx

Free Dental Consultation