Hi, I have a mass in gums in my bottom jaw between two tooth roots. It was noticed in a panoramic X-ray quite a long time ago, at least 10 years ago. My dentist at the time decided we would just monitor it every time I got a new pano. It has never changed in size so he didn't think it was anything to worry about. This past week I went to a new dentist and told him about this. He recommended I go see an oral surgeon, even if the mass has not changed. Do you think I need to see the oral surgeon? My insurance will not cover it, and I'm worried about having to do any extensive tests (and paying out of pocket for it) if it is nothing to worry about in the first place. Thanks for your advice!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - February - 2012, at 08:54 AM

• If you donot have any symptoms like pain or swelling and it is not changing in size then in our opinion you donot have worry. Your present dentist is monitoring it and if he sees any change or see any abnormality then he would have referred to an Oral Surgeon. Keep followup and there is nothing to worry at present.

Free Dental Consultation