Hello, I suffer from tonsilitis and bleeding gum. I first had the bleeding gum when I became pregnant. It was treated but now 4 years later my gums are bleeding again, with bad breath. Use of hydrogen pyroxide etc did not help. What could be the cause? What do you suggest I should do? Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2012, at 08:25 AM

• It looks like you have gingivitis which can be because of poor oral hygiene or the deposits. Ideally you should go for 6 monthly cleaning of the gums which helps in maintaining the healthy gums. If you are suffering from tonsilitis also then may be that is increasing the condition of your gums. Bad breath is normally due to gingivitis and it can also be due to tonsilitis. So now you have to visit a dentist and get the SCRP done for all quads. Timebeing you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. For tonsilitis you can see your physician and when it is cured you can visit your dentist. For more info on home remedies for gingivitis you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-home-remedies-for-gingivitis-691.aspx

Free Dental Consultation