On 8/2/13 I had a very difficult molar extraction (was a old root canal). It took three different dentists to finally extract the last root at the community dental center. It is now 8/8/13 and I’m experiencing great deal pain on the right side of the lower jaw. It feels as if some gauze packing was stitched up inside the skin and feels swollen in the outer jaw. My check-up is 8/9/13, however if gauze is extracted, is this lawsuit potential?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - August - 2013, at 20:06 PM

• As it was a difficult extraction, it take time for the swelling and pain to go. I donot think they have stitched any gauge piece inside. May be you have feeling because of swelling which comes after tooth extraction. You are going to go for followup tommorrow. If the stitches are not resorbable then the dentist will revome the sutures. Till then just make sure to have good oral hygiene. Do warm saline rinses and follow all the instructions and take all meds precribed by  your oral surgeon. for more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation