I just had a tooth pulled today. I took the gauze out and blood clots can't out and my mouth is bleeding non stop

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2012, at 00:43 AM

• Slight oozing of blood may occur up to 24hrs after the extraction. It is considered to be normal. There might be some oozing of the blood at night from the extraction site and you may have blood stains on pillow after the tooth extraction. There is nothing to be worried about it. The bleeding will stop on its own.If the bleeding is more, then you can keep a piece of gauze at the tooth extraction site again and keep it there for a minimum of 30mins for bleeding to stop.You should gently bite on the gauze pad with equal pressure but should not irritate the extraction socket wound. Pressure application is done to control the bleeding.To control the bleeding,you can also bite on a tea bag for 30mins. The tea bag is moistened with water and is then folded in half and then patient can bite on that. Tannic acid which is present in the tea will reduce the bleeding by constricting the blood vessels.You should avoid vigorous rinsing of the mouth as it can dislodge the clot formed at the extraction site. Warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day, 24hrs after the extraction should be done which will fasten the healing process of the extraction socket.For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_do%27s-and-don%27ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation