I was eating and felt something odd in my food. It was the gold cap off my back tooth with part of my tooth. The tooth broke off at the gum line. I am sure I have had a root canal on this tooth. I am not in any pain. I have a tooth behind it and have had the wisdom tooth out. I have had trouble with this tooth and the one behimd it numerous times. I am 57 yrs old. What do I need to do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2012, at 02:48 AM

• Dental crown/cap can fall off from the underlying tooth structure in case of dental caries below the dental crown which can occur by accumulation of plaque and calculus deposits around the edges of the dental crown, lack of tooth structure support to hold the dental crown, ill fitting dental crown, more of unnatural stresses on dental crown because of clenching or grinding of teeth or using teeth as tools or can occur if the permanent luting cement which is used by the dentist is not strong enough or gets contaminated during fixing dental crown to the tooth structure.You have various treatment options. Either you have to get a new crown which will be retained otherwise it is better to get tooth pulled out and go for dental implant or dental bridge.Visit your dentist for a clinical evaluation.For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-reasons-for-dental-crown-to-fall-897.aspx

Free Dental Consultation