Okay before, heres some of my history. About 1 year ago i got my braces off after wearing them for 2 years, and they ruined my teeth. They hardly straightened them and they left a buunch of weird white spots and really yellpw, supposedly spots that didn't have enough nutrients calacium or whatever. Since then, every dentist has done something different, at one point i had the white bleaching stuff for my teeth and i couldnt do that because my teeth had gotten super sensitive. A few days ago i started getting these insanely painful tooth pain, on inspection i saw that by gums literally receded like 2 or 3 cm and that two of my teeths roots are exposed, i poked it and literally felt the nerve just shoot me with pain. Now it just keeps getting worse, i get bursts of insane pain for periods of 5-20 mins. My question is what can i do to 1) stop them from receding more 2) help with the pain & 3) will they grow back and if not, what are my options? Thank you so much

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - January - 2014, at 19:34 PM

• As per your description that your gums have receded and roots are exposed, that means you have unhealthy gums and poor oral hygiene. Normally the braces, if they are put properly donot cause any problem. Now you have to maintain very good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and for sensitivity you can use some desensitising toothpaste. Regarding whether the gums will grow back or not, it is very difficult to comment upon without clinical exam and xray. for this you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist and find out. for gum recession you have to go to a Periodontist. for more info on gum problems you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation