Hi, I have what I seem to researched what is called "gum recession." It has regressed to the point of awfully embarrassing and worrisome. Primarily it is my fault for not seeing a dentist for a prolonged of maybe 5+ years and the lack of flossing and over the top dental care.. Now I feel I need to do something before it leads to tooth lost... I was wondering if there was a limit in which they decided that they can't do it... And how much does a graft typically cost..

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2013, at 19:12 PM

  • If the gum recession is there, first of all you have to get it evalualted from a Periodontist to check how much is bone loss and accordingly the Periodontist will plan the treatment. May be intially you have to undergo SCRP along with Flap surgery and bone grafting. The cost of each procedure varies at different places. Normally SCRP costs $800 for whole mouth, flap surgery will cost around $500 and bone grafting another $300. All these treatment are covered by insurance. For more info on gum problems you can read this article..  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation