I am not sure how to formulate my questions but will do my best and you can probably read between the lines. Can irreversible pulpitis be caused by deep-cleaning? Can irreversible pulpitis be caused by removal of old fillings that have been in for years. Once the old fillings are removed and packed with the upgraded fillings can drilling and sawing down cause irreversible pulpitis.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - March - 2014, at 21:57 PM

• Yes, irreversible pulpitis can be caused filling while replacing the old filling as with old fillings, the chances of micro leakage are there which causes secondary caries and when the filling is upgraded with new filling then dentist has to clean that secondary caries and this can sometimes cause irreversible pulpitis. As for deep cleaning is concerned, it is very unlikely, it can only happen if  the periodontal disease is quite advanced and lot of bone loss is there. for more info on problems after dental fillings you can read this article...... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-with-dental-fillings-810.aspx

Free Dental Consultation