I broke one of my front teeth awhile ago and got it fixed/filled. My filled tooth is shorter than my unbroken tooth and also thicker. Can the fill be broken off and redone? Or shaved to be slimmer or to add filling so it can match the length of my unbroken tooth? I'm 16 by the way.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2015, at 08:11 AM

  • If you are not happy with  the aesthetics of your broken tooth then it can be redone. Your dentist must have fixed the broken part with the composite filling material. This builtup can be easlily reshaped or new material can be added to increase the length. So you can discuss this with your dentist and go for the corrective treatment. For more info on composite fillings you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-composite-restorations-75.aspx

Free Dental Consultation