I had a simple extraction on tooth #13 I believe. I experienced extreme pain a few days after extraction,went back to dentist they said it was infected, made a small incision and cleaned out area prescriped amoxicilin. (horrible spelling sorry). Tooth was pull on 4/4/2013 by the way. I am still in pain went back to dentist they said everything was fine but didnt agree so when to emergency room that offers dental and they prescribed me a different antibiotic. I have alot of pain and when I rub my gum near extraction site it hurts really bad like a knife inside my gum.tooth looked like it didnt break when extracting. Also took about 5 mins for him to pull tooth... Is that normal? Im kind of scared and cant really afford to see a oral surgeon...

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - April - 2013, at 20:02 PM

• Sometimes after tooth  extraction, the clot dislodgement takes place which causes the dry socket, which is very painful condition or sometimes the extraction site wound gets infected. In both the cases you have to get the dressing done along with antibiotics and pain killer tabs. So you have to go to dentist and get the dressings done and follow all the instructions given by them. Do warm saline rinses regularly and maintain very good oral hygiene. For more info on tooth extraction problems you can check this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation