I was brushing my teeth this morning and accidentally brushed near my extraction sight and my gums/mouth began to bleed. I am worried I may have dislodged the blood clot, would I know immediately? There is still a dark film back there, but I am obviously paranoid. Thank you so much.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - November - 2012, at 03:46 AM

• Calm down, just get a gauze pack and place it back there over the extraction site. Bite down on it and hold it for a while. Eventually the blood will begin to clot again.Another more effective way is to take iced tea bag instead of gauze piece as the tannic acid in the tea bag helps more in reducing the bleeding from wound. All the steps help in reducing the bleeding and oozing.In the future, don't brush back there for a couple days. Avoid rigorous rinsing of the mouth till the socket heals completely.Rinse with warm salt water atleast 3-4 times a day. It will fasten the healing process of the extraction socket.If there is prolonged oozing of the blood, bright red bleeding or in case of large clots at the tooth extraction site, then the dental surgeon should be consulted. The dental surgeon will take measures to stop the bleeding after re-examining the area.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation