I am a 40yo and have always had problems with my teeth. I was born with an underbite and had two surgeries (first one relapsed) to correct it. For the second surgery the doctor removed bone marrow from my hip to stack above my upper jaw to "lower" my upper teeth and make them more visible when I smile or talk. I also had braces for many years. These surgeries were when I was 15 then 20. Over the years my jaw has again shifted a bit and my body must have absorbed the bone marrow because my upper teeth are still hidden. Because of the shift my molars no longer line up and that has resulted in pitting, (Since the molars now fit together differently) loss of enamel, and very sharp points on the molars. Also my bottom teeth have worn the enamel off the backs of my front teeth. What kind of procedures are available to me to 1. Replace enamel on chewing surfaces and 2. Make my upper teeth more visible? Thank you

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 01 - March - 2014, at 08:53 AM

  • For wearing of lower teeth you can go for crowns, which will also help in increasing the height and for the lengthening of the upper teeth, the best option again is the crowns. However it is better to consult a cosmetic dentist for that. In your case, without clinical examination, it is difficult to give treatment plan. So consult your dentist who will take xrays and make mould and according to problem will advise you treament. for more info on cosmetic dentistry, you can read this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cosmetic-dentistry-85.aspx

Free Dental Consultation