It's been 9 days since i got my two lower wisdom teeth taken out. 2 days later i went to the ER they said I might have a dry socket they packed it and it felt better but hours later the packing fell out. At first i wasnt eating enough so i was throwing up my medicine. A couple nights ago my stitch on my right socket (the pne thats currently causing me pain) fell out . Wednesday they told me I was healing fine but I don't see that being possible when I'm still in a lot of pain. Can you help me? I move in 2 days to live on campus. Im 20 & both the teeth were impacted i was asleep during surgery but it didnt take long at all

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2013, at 20:27 PM

• It takes some time for extraction socket to heal and it depends on type of procedure. As you written they were impacted so bone cutting must have been done to remove them. It can take around 3-6 weeks for healing to take place. Maintain good oral hygiene. for dry socket, you have to visit your dentist and he will do dressing which is special dressing for dry socket and that will take care of your pain. Take your meds regularly. for more info on problems after tooth extraction you can check this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation