Hello. I guess I damaged my gingiva with floss like 24 hours ago. I had an irritation during the day ilke as film there's something stuck between my two certain teeth but there wasn't anything. Now the gum between that teeth is swollen and aching, probably bleeding too. After I brushed my teeth, I chewed rubbing alcohol to numb the area then used the rinse solution. It's still aching. How can I avoid a possible infection, or cure it if it has already started. Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - April - 2013, at 19:44 PM

• Donot irritate that area too much but keep it clean. Do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day and you can apply some otc available gum paint on that. For cleaning use soft brush gently. This will take around 3-4 days to heal. If it does not then you have to schedule an appointment with dentist. Warm saline rinses along with gum paint will take care of infection. While doing flossing you should be careful and use proper technique to do the flossing. For more info on how to do proper flossing you can read this article in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-flossing-36.aspx

Free Dental Consultation