i recently got one of my decayed tooth restored with a composite filling. after doing the filling , my dentist asked me to bite on a carbon paper and made some adjustments, and the tooth was completely fine. but the next day when i was eating corn, i felt a sudden pain on that tooth. from that time onwards am having pain on that tooth on and off, whenever i bite something hard over there. the tooth is comfortable when i take a soft diet. i went back to my dentist and had a check up again with marking paper and there was no excess filling! i was adviced to wait for a week and come for a check up after a week. what is the actual problem with my filling?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - June - 2012, at 23:59 PM

• Initially you will experience some pain. There are many reasons behind this. Firstly, your tooth has suffered a recent trauma of drilling due to which the nerves got acute trauma and they require time to recover.

Secondly the filling material might take some time to cope up with the oral environment. Also the pain can be due to prolonged mouth opening. So, to cope up with all this you can take over the coutner Motrin three times a day....For more info on pain after dental filling you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation