Hi, A week back, one of my tooth in upper jaw was infected with bacteria and it reached the pulp of the tooth causing severe pain in that tooth. Due to some reason I was able to visit the dentist after 6 days (i.e, yesterday) and the dentist started Root Canal procedure which seem to relieve my tooth pain. But the problem is that from the past 2 days the gums area above that tooth (towards upper jaw) started to swell too resulting in severe pain. My dentist seem to ignore the swelling above that tooth but due to this pain I'm unable to work during day and sleep during night. I am taking 2 Synflex 550mg a day and 1 Ansaid Tablet during night as a pain-killer. Please tell me what should I do? or what medicines I should take to get rid off this swelling?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - August - 2012, at 02:23 AM

• Sometimes it is better to take the full course of medication. The swelling can be due to infection which is still inside. I am sure the swelling will subside with the treatment. Swelling during the treatment happens specially if you have an infection prior to the treatment. Apart from medications also start doing warm saline gargles thrice daily and avoid eating anything from the tooth that is undergoing the treatment. For more info visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation