I had my wisdom teeth removed and I have to clean the holes with a plastic syringe type item. I was doing ok, but when the holes got really small, the food probably could have still gotten in, but I had a herd time cleaning it. Can you please tell me about the healing process of the gums, and how to avoid infection. Is it true that the gums heal from the bottom up so the food will be pushed out? Thanks, Paul

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - January - 2014, at 09:33 AM

• When the extraction socket is big or when the tooth is removed surgically then the healing is not from upside down as with normal tooth extraction but it is from down to up which is called secondary healing as in such cases the flaps cannot be brought into proximity and wound is open. If now the holes have become very small then that means the healing is there. So maintain good oral hygiene and for cleaning the wound, do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. for more info on wisdom tooth extraction you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation