I had 4 dental implants placed 12/10/13 for an all on 4. All teeth will be loaded on the 4 implants. 2 canine teeth were extracted the same day implants and temporary were placed. I had continual sinus pain, and throbbing, and kept complaining. Dental office had prescribed 3 z packs, and 1, 5 day course of doxy. Would not prescribe anymore, even though throbbing continued. I sought treatment from sinus doc, who then ordered a new ct scan, I fed exed copy to dental office. They then realized they penetrated my sinus cavity on right side. Redid 2 right implants with shorter wider implants. Problem that continues is throbbing and I also have blisters that recess towards my sinuses while on antibiotics, and then directly return off of antibiotics. Nobody seems to be able to diagnose the blisters. Help! I think oral/nasal communication, I.e. fistula(s) but do not know how to get a dentist, oral surgeon, etc to understand what I feel thatI have without allowing the whole infection to return. I'm scared. I'm in pain. Oh, I also have crohns so immune compromised. Dentist was aware of this prior to implant placement.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2014, at 09:58 AM

• If you have immunity problem also and you sinus is perforated by putting implants then it is better that you see some oral surgeon or periodontist, who has put the implants and discuss with him. But if you are not satisfied then you can take second opinion. Once perforation is there, it takes time to heal and till then you have to be very careful. for more info on dental implants you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation