Just in the last 2 weeks I have noticed that when I am resting I will find my lips have parted, my teeth have opened slightly and my tongue has pushed past my teeth and is resting against the back of my lips protruding somewhat through. I have had issues with my jaw being tight, sore, clicking and difficult to open without popping for a few years off and on mostly in the morning. I am not sure if this is related to this new symptom. I also have found that I sleep with my mouth open quite a bit lately. In addition, I feel my bite is off as though I have to move my lower jaw backwards more in order to line my molars; though I could just be being hyper sensitive because of all the other issues. Any ideas?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 10:42 AM

• It lookslike that you are under lot of stress which is the main casuse of teeth grinding which is called bruxism. The bruxism causes soreness of jaws and sometimes there is pain in TMJ area which causes difficulty in opening the mouth. This soreness and pain is in the morning and as the day passes it wears off. This grinding of teeth causes wearing of teeth and the occlusion is disturbed. It is better to go to dentist and get the diagnosis made for your problem. If bruxism is the cause of your problem then you can go for night guards which helps in bruxism. For more info on the subject you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-symptoms-and-effects-of-bruxism-11.aspx

Free Dental Consultation