I have been born congenitally missing 3 premolars in the upper mouth - 2 in the left side and 1 on the right side. I have gone through orthodontic treatment, which has pushed my teeth together in order to avoid most of the gaps, and there was made space for 1 teeth implant (premolar) in the left side. The dentist said, that i would be able to live without 2 of the premolars - as long as i had one i each side. I'm about to turn 18 soon, but unfortunately that means I can't get a implant yet. So my question is: Is it possible for me to get some kind of resin bonded bridge to replace the missing premolar and close the big gap in my left side? As a temporary solution of course, until my facial growth has stopped and i can get the implant. I do have a bit of dental bonding on one of the teeth next to gap, but other than that my teeth and gums are healthy and working.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - December - 2013, at 09:18 AM

• Yes you can go for temporary bridge in which tooth cutting is not required or you can go for some removable prosthesis which can be later replaced by dental implant. You can discuss with your dentist about the most appropriate solution for your teeth as it is difficult to give definite treatment plan without clinical examination. for more info on removable partial denture, you can check this article in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/article_various-types-of-dentures-170.aspx

Free Dental Consultation