Im scheduled to have a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow. I woke up this morning and the side of my face was swollen. Should i go to the emergency room or wait for tomorrow?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2012, at 23:54 PM

• CRob it seems that this pain is normal as mostly during healing process the pain do occur during 3 to 4 days initially .But if the pain continues for next 3to 4 days also then u can go to a dentist for thorough clinical checkup and Xray to diagnose the condition and treatment accordingly.Remember to do warm saline rinses daily as it relives pain and promotes healing.Also u can make a paste of ginger and salt and apply on the affected area as it relieves pain.

• CRob

CRob 17 - July - 2012, at 17:37 PM

• Ten days ago (Fri) began having tooth pain. Went to dentist 4 days later (Tue). I thought pain was coming from tooth next to erupted wisdom tooth butdentist said wisdom tooth needed to be extracted. Put me on Amoxicillin and 3 days later (Fri) went for wisdom tooth extraction. Local anesthesia (many attempts)didn't work so painful extraction. Yesterday afternoon (Mon)started to feel pretty good and slept well. Went to work today and now dull pain top and bottom and throbbing in tooth next to extracted wisdom tooth (the one I thought was the problem in the first place). Should I be concerned?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - July - 2012, at 23:15 PM

• Don't worry, the dentist won't perform any extraction during swelling. It seems that you are having an infection. So, i would suggest you to inform your dentist and get the case clinically checked and don't go for extraction under such condition. You can take anti-inflammatory drugs but only under the supervision of a dentist. To know more about wisdom tooth extraction visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation