#3 molar has vertical crack below gum after root canal low grade abscess lingers Can broken part of tooth/root be extracted and cap the remaining tooth/roots? Insurance won't cover implant, and I'm too young for a bridge!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 19 - January - 2013, at 08:33 AM


    If you have vertical fracture the whole tooth has to be extracted. It is not possible to remove one part and leave the remaining part of the tooth. More so ever the tooth seems to be infected as you have an abcess. So you have to get the tooth extracted and get the implant or the fixed bridge in that place. For more info on cracked tooth you can visit the following link…. http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-cracked-tooth-205.aspx

Free Dental Consultation