I have what I believe are called Prep Veneers; all of my teeth are shaved down, and the veneers are cemented to the shaved down teeth. It's almost like having permanent dentures. In the past year, the veneers have been breaking and chipping usually within 2 - 4 days after they're placed. I'm really sorry I did not do any investigation about these Veneers before getting them placed, because it has been a total disaster. The dentist keeps placing them over and over again (at no cost to me, because of the Gurantee) and the Veneers just keep breaking again and again. The dentist told me this was happening because I grind my teeth at night. I had to pay for these Mouth Guards to wear at night. The first Guard was a few months ago, I wore it and the Veneers kept breaking. Then, last week, I got a new larger Guard (cost $500.). They placed in a set of new Veneers, and gave me the new larger Guard to wear. I wore the New Guard at night, but within 2 days, a tooth broke. Three days later another tooth broke. I think I've been very careful about what I eat. But, teeth have broken when I ate pop-corn, pizza, toasted sandwiches, and pork steak. I'm at the point now where I'm going to get another Dentist. But, I have paid about $4600. of the $7200. bill. Anyway, these are my questions: How common is this problem with Prep Veneers? Is there a Website I can go to to chat or be informed by other folks with this similar problem with the Veneers? I have not yet chosen another dentist to got to; What should I do to make sure I choose a Dentist that will be responsible enough to find a reasonable solution to this problem? I will be coming to this Dentist with some major emotional baggage, but I want to start out with a good relationship with whomever I choose. Thank you so much for your response and time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - June - 2012, at 01:09 AM

• Look its quite tough to judge that whether porcelain veeners will be a success or failure unless they are cemented. If you are facing continuous problem of breaking of veeners than i would recommend you to go for other methods of treatment like all ceramic crown. There are quite stronger ceraminc crowns available in the market coming with guarantee period too. Also veeners are only made for esthetics purpose so if you are wearing it on the back tooth , then they are likely to be broken.

for more info regarding veeners and ceramic crowns you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-veneers-84.aspx

Free Dental Consultation