About 2 years ago a pulpotomy was done, on the upper right side tooth. I then had a root canal done on the upper left tooth 2 months ago. When I went back to start the crown work for the recent root canal, the dentist put the temporary crown on the wrong tooth. It was put on the tooth that had the pulpotomy done, and a post is still in that tooth. What are my options for correcting this issue? What are my concerns? Should I try to save this tooth or just extract it, and get a dental implant done?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - July - 2013, at 20:00 PM

• It is always better to save your own tooth. So if temporary crown is put on the tooth which was not root canal treated then either get the root canal treatment done for that tooth or if your dentist feels that there are no symptoms as pulpotomy is already done, then go for permanent crown. You have to go for crown on root canal treated tooth also. The decision on whether to save the tooth or extract it depends on the clinical examination, history and xrays. So discuss this with your dentist. for more info on root canal you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_restoration-of-root-canal-treated-tooth-300.aspx

Free Dental Consultation