female, 57. over 2 wks noticed that upper rt gums from front to back are sore.today noticed a small cut above the 4th from front tooth. Had some potato chips a few days ago which I never eat and I'm thinking that it cut my gum. I've been rinsing with salt water and had some peridex and using that. It went away last week, and then after eating the chips again Tuesday night back again with the same symptoms.So no more chips. I can put hot and cold, and can eat on it so it is not the tooth, but the gum is so sore it throbs now and then during the day. Taking Motrin. How can I prevent this from coming back. This happened many years ago and after 5 visits to the dentist you said 'I can't see anything" finally said try rubbind Sensodyne on the gum. It may have worked but don't remember. All I know is that I see a small cut above the tooth on the gum line and if I press a cotton swab along the entire gum line it is sore. Could it be just brushing too hard, wrong toothpaste, flossing too hard. Also, these teeth have laminates and crowns and wondering if that is also adding to the problem. Could it be just bacteria? My dentist thinks I am a hypchondriac and says to just rinse with salt water, but I need to know why the cut and why does this happen ever so often?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - April - 2012, at 10:54 AM

• When you have laminates and crowns you have to be very particular about the gums as they get irritated . For this you have to maintain very good oral hygiene like brushing twice with flossing. You can massage your gums with some good gum paint. Warm saline rinses are very good but most important is the visit to your dentist after every 6 months and to get the cleaning done. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-home-remedies-for-gingivitis-691.aspx

Free Dental Consultation