I had a cavity in my tooth. Dentist first said I may need root canal. I was traveling so he cleaned it and put something to settle down. When I visited her he did cavity filling instead of root canal. Cavity filling is hurting now.I don't feel I have sensitivity to hot or cold. When I went to get the crown for cavity filling, I told it is hurting, he said he will continue with crown and then we will watch for few days and if it is still hurting then we may have to do root canal. It's been 8 days, I still take a advil a day (gone down from 2). Is this common that you may need root canal after cavity filling. Do I need to pay again for root canal(I already paid for crown and cavity filling and now the root canal) now that dentist's cavity filling did not work?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2016, at 05:18 AM

• It happens sometimes when the cavity is deep but there are no symptoms then even dentist sometimes is unable to decide whether to go for the root canal or the filling. Some times in such cases after filling the tooth heals and there is no need for root canal treatment but sometimes infection sets in causing pain and root canal treatment has to be done. In your case this happened. You have to pay for the root canal treatment as this is altogether different procedure. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link..

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx.

Free Dental Consultation