Dear Dentist - I'm 37 yrs old and for the first time in my life, I visited a dental doctor just to utilize my insurance. One of the issue I told her is I get blood occasionally when I eat something like apples, or even when I brush my teeth (though it is very rare). She examined and said deep cleaning needs to be done. Today she deep cleaning on my right side of the mouth and I immediately see so many gaps between my tooth. I didn't had those gaps earlier? I'm feeling so awkward and uneasy. I felt I took a wrong decision to allow the doctor to do deep cleaning. Can you please explain if deep cleaning always results in gaps between tooth? Would the gaps ever fill? Thanks, Prashanth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - March - 2012, at 10:06 AM

• The gaps in the teeth are not created by the deep cleaning.As you have the bleeding gums that means the deposits were there which was causing the bleeding gums. So when your dentist did the deep cleaning and removed the deposits the gaps developed which was there but covered by the deposit and causing more harm by receeding the gingiva. After deep cleaning you will feel bad for a day or two and after that if you take good care of your teeth the gums will fill that space. You should get the cleaning done after every six months so that this situation does not arise . For more info on dental scaling you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-scaling-24.aspx

Free Dental Consultation