I had a cavity on the second to last molar on the upper left filled/refill back in Oct. as well as one on my lower left. I went back because the bite felt wrong and it seemed like I was putting pressure on another filling in the incisor. It was adjusted but the bite still felt off, figured I'd get use to it. About a month ago, my upper left from the incisor back start to hurt whenever I ate and it was difficult to pin point the exact tooth. Then two weeks ago my gums in that area bleed when I brush my teeth, no matter how soft I brush. I am really afraid of losing any of my teeth. Am I overreacting or is this something serious?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - May - 2013, at 20:06 PM

• From your sypmtoms it looks like that you have localised gum problem which  can be due to some trauma or infection. for this you have to schedule an appointment with dentist and find out the exact cause. If it is due to some trauma which can  also be due to altered bite also, then you have to get the same adjusted  with occlusal adjustment and if it is due to infection then you have to get the treatment for that. Till then try to maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. You can also use otc available gum paint for massaging that area. For more info on gum problems you can check this link http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation