A dentist ground down an upper molar to where it no longer makes solid contact with the opposite lower molar. When chewing sticky foods the upper molar moves and causes pain and feels like it is moving. I found that if I quickly chew something that is not sticky the tooth moves back into place, the pain is gone and normal chewing resumes for weeks until I chew the wrong food. What ways are there to save this tooth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - January - 2013, at 20:50 PM

• Dentist must have ground the upper tooth for giving crown in the opposite lower tooth. Normally it is not done. By now even if the occlusion was not there due to grinding, the tooth supra erupts and the occlusion is established. You must be having this particular problem due to some senstivity in the tooth which increases when you take hard and sticky food. Now you have to go to your dentist and if needed go for the dental crown for upper also otherwise this sensitivity or pain can cause the infection of tooth. for more info on dental crowns you can check this link.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-crowns-72.aspx

Free Dental Consultation