My gums are swollen around the back bottom part of my mouth where my wisdom tooth is on the right hand side. I do not have my wisdom teeth removed. I am in no pain but cannot close my mouth fully. I have good dental hygiene, brush twice a day and see a dentist regularly. I have had the problem for a little over 25 hours and have rinsed with hydrogen peroxide, salt water solution, brushed and flossed and the problem persists. I do not have dental insurance and was thinking of just going into an office and asking a dentist to look at it for free as a favor. Any advice on what this is or what I can do to get rid of it would be very helpful. thank you rachel

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - July - 2012, at 23:44 PM

• You are taking a good care of your oral health. You should continue it. Rest the problem on not opening the mouth can be a temporary phase during eruption of wisdom tooth. With complete eruption the symptoms should also subside. You can get a free check up done in a nearby dental school. Though the treatment there is done by budding dentists but is under the strict supervision of expert doctors.

For more info on wisdom tooth visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation