I just got my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday. I have been noticing some pain by my cheeks and it kind of feels like cankersores. I was wondering if this is normal. Both sides of my cheeks and jaw have been hurting with pain. I'm hoping that this isn't a dry socket. I also feel like I have a canker sore on top where one of my top wisdom tooth was taken out. I have been doing salt water flushes and I'm wondering if maybe the salt is causing this canker sore feeling? History of canker sores run in the family and I'm known to get them quite often. I haven't had any problems with my teeth and I think the surgical sites are healing well. One of my stitches have already came out I am following up with the dentist on Thursday but I'm just a little concerned as of now.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - May - 2015, at 20:32 PM

• If you have history of canker sore then it is normal as due to stress and tissue manipulation, one tends to have canker sore especially if they are prone to it. You donot have to worry but maintain good oral hygiene. Keep doing warm saline rinses and follow all the instructions given by dentist. Normally canker sores are self limiting and they heal within 7-10 days. If they donot heal by that time then you  can take advice of your dentist. for more info on healing after tooth extraction, you can check the following link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation