I have 2 teeth that are turning into abcesses.my dentist precribed the following.Amoxilcillin 500mg tabs and the directions say take 2 capsules 2times dail til gone.so does that mean i am suppose to take 2 capsules twice a day...or one capsule twice a day..im alittle confused.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - December - 2012, at 03:20 AM

• For an adult the usual dose for amoxicillin is 500mg every 6 hours.So,you need to take 2 capsules twice a day or 1 capsule after every 6 hours.To get prompt results,make sure that the prescribed medication course is completed.Like any other drug, amoxicillin has side effects. These generally are mild and include symptoms such as upset stomach. In some cases, more severe side effects may occur, such as skin rash, bleeding or seizures. Notify your doctor immediately if you have any of these symptoms. If needed, the doctor can lower your medication dose or switch you to one to which you do not react so negatively.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-facial-swelling-due-to-tooth-infection-940.aspx

Free Dental Consultation