Hello Doctor, i have gap in my front tooth (diastema), i have heard about teeth gap bands .. how effective are they ? i dont want to go for braces as its a relatively small gap... what are the other alternatives and the cost incurred

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - August - 2013, at 09:46 AM

• If you donot want to go for braces then the other option is to go for cosmetic treatment in which the gap is closed by building the adjacent tooth by composite or by going for veneers. Tooth gap bands can close the small gap but chances of relapse are there. So the best option is to go for braces treatment but if the gap is very small then other option is to go for cosmetic treatment. However the advice can be given only after clinical examination so schedule an appointment with your dentist and discuss the options and costs. Composite building is cheaper and can cost you around $300 and veneers can cost around $600-$800. for more info on cosmetic dental treatment you can check this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-cosmetic-makeover-options-for-front-teeth--597.aspx

Free Dental Consultation