If my whole top row is shifted to the right and not even to my bottom row, while at the same time I still have a teeth growing on the top row next to my right front teeth Is that the cause of being shifted like that

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - February - 2012, at 08:41 AM

• if your teeth has shifted towards the right side that means there is some discrepency which is causing the shiting of teeth. Normally when the teeth grow in one quadrant as in your case, you have mentioned that tooth is growing in UR quad then tooth should also grow in LR quad. If it is not at same time then it should grow within 3 months otherwise shifting can take place. In your case if the tooth is growing in UR quad then midline should shift towards left side. Sometimes this discrepency is due to some skeltal probem also like Ankylosis of TMJ or one side hidering its growth. For this you have to go to dentist who will do the clnical examination and take detailed history and only then the diagnosis can be made. For more info on TMJ problems you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-the-signs-and-symptoms-of-tmj-disorder--193.aspx

Free Dental Consultation