Hi there, My bottom right wisdom is coming out and it hurts like hell. It hurts once in like 4 months and then the pain goes away like. But when it hurts I can't sleep at night and my bottom right jaw is very sore. I wanted to know how much will it cost me get it out. I have insurance but it does not cover dentists. Now I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it cause t hurts so bad. Please help. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2012, at 03:17 AM

• Some insurance companies will not cover the costs of wisdom teeth removal and others will cover part or all of the cost. If your insurance doesn't cover it, or if you don't have insurance, you may be able to negotiate a price for the surgery that will work for your budget.
    Oral surgeons set their wisdom tooth extraction fees depending on whether the removal is a complete (non-impacted) removal or if the wisdom tooth was impacted in the patient's jaw. If the tooth is not impacted and comes out fully during surgery, the cost is about $100 per tooth. If one or more of the teeth are impacted, the cost per tooth will rise to more than $250 to $350 for an oral surgeon; if a general dentist removes the impacted wisdom teeth, the cost will be more within the $250 to $350 range.

Free Dental Consultation