I lost one of my front teeth, my lateral incisor on the left side, when I was still a young kid and as I grew, the rest of my teeth shifted because of the space it left. Now that i'm in my 20's, it bothers me that my teeth have gaps between them. I would like to know what my options are for fixing them. I would also like to have that tooth replaced, but I don't know if that's still feasible and practical.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - September - 2012, at 02:29 AM

• You must get the missing tooth replaced as soon as possible as a missing tooth can lead to vatrious other problems. The various options which are available for the replacement of the missing tooth are:

1.Dental Implant:It is a prosthetic device which is made up of alloplastic material and is implanted in the oral tissues beneath the mucosal layer or it is placed within the bone to provide retention for fixed or removable prosthesis

2.Fixed bridge:They are cemented to the natural teeth surrounding the empty space.

3.Partial denture: Prosthesis rest on the gum line in case of partial dentures.

For more info,you can visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

Free Dental Consultation