i have 3 wisdom teeth that need to be surgically removed because they have horrible decay. each tooth is probably the better part of half gone. none of them have pain or anything but i have been told to have them surgically removed. my only problem is that i am terrified of being under anesthesia because it would probably make me sick and i have a very severe case of emetaphobia (fear of the act of vomitting) so i just wanted to know how important it is that i get these teeth pulled and if i have any other options as far as anesthesia goes.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2012, at 08:53 AM

• If the wisdom teeth are decayed then they have to be pulled out as there is no other option and it is better to get them pulled out asap otherwise it can cause the infection or abscess formation. If you are afraid of anesthesia then you can talk to your dentist and can get is done under GA or under concious sedation in which nixtrous oxide commonly known as laughing gas is used. Discuss your fear with your dentist and find out the options which suit you as there are many options available. For more info on wisdom teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation