A filling came out of one of my molars on the left bottom, leaving a cavity. I'm going to get a root cana because it's my last chewing tooth on the bottom on the left side, but the dental office said the cost would be anywhere from 2000 to 2400 for the root canal and a crown, and I just had to buy a new heating and cooling unit so I'm going to have to wait 3 or 4 more months to recover. The nerve must be inflamed or exposed, because it's aching a bit. Will these drug store temporary dental fillers fill the void and stop the pain until I can get the root canal?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - August - 2016, at 06:53 AM

• The primary dental filling which are available over the counter will fill the void but whether it will stopn the pain or not depends upon the extend of the infection and the decay. If the nerve is exposed and these material can aggravate the pain. It is better if you maintain good oral hygiene and avoid eating from that side and keep the tooth clean. for more info on root canal therapy you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation