I had a tooth ache yesterday when a piece of food got caught in the rear of my mouth left side tooth. I brushed until I was able to remove it and in the process my gums became a little tender from the brushing and the inside of my cheek near gums was also irritated. I noticed a chip in the rear tooth and put anbesol on it and this morning I woke up and tooth ache is gone but my face and the inside of my cheek on left side is swollen. Any light you can shed?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2013, at 09:52 AM

• it sems that you have a decayed tooth which was not visible from outside. This is called subsurface caries in which tooth from above looks healthy but it is decayed from inside. When the food gets stuck then the weak part of tooth comes out as you have swelling in the face that means you have some infection. it can be in the gum or in the tooth. Now for this you have to visit the dentist and get an xray done to check. So schedule a visit you your dentist. for more  info on caries you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-of-cavities-in-teeth-923.aspx

Free Dental Consultation