My dentist mentioned i "possibly" need a root canal. He said that i have a lot of tooth decay. I am concerned that if the decay is considerable i might need a bridge. The thing is i dont feel much pain on this tooth so i dont know whether i should feel a lot pain or if he is just trying to take my money. So my questions boils down to the following: if there is considerable tooth decay do i need an extraction and then a bridge? Should i feel pain if i have tooth decay?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - November - 2014, at 20:26 PM

• It is not always necessary that you should have pain in decayed tooth. If the infection is chronic then you donot feel pain but the tooth cannot be restored without removing the infection and that infection can only be taken care by  root canal treatment. Now your tooth needs extraction or root canal treatment depends on the extent of decay and that can be confirmed with xray and clinical examination. so talk to your dentist and if the tooth can be saved with root canal treatment, then go for it as it is always better to save the natural tooth than to go for bridge. For more info on cases where root canal treatment is needed, you can check this link in our website....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation