i am getting ,y wisdom teeth removed and am planning on getting a tattoo after the removal. I was just wondering how long i have to wait till i can get the tattoo, is it like a week or two or longer? how long should i wait to be safe form any kind of infection?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - February - 2012, at 08:59 AM

• If you are planning to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed then it depends on whether it is a difficult extraction where lot of bone cutting is required as in the case when the tooth is impacted in the bone  or say bony impaction of wisdom tooth. After such surgery, it is normal to have pain and swelling and   one feels uncomfortable a week or two. Patient is not able to take proper diet and has to follow tooth extraction aftercare instructions. In such circumstances it is better to wait till healing is there and that will take around 2-3 weeks. But if it is easy tooth extraction then you can get tattoo after 7-10 days. For more info on wisdom tooth extraction you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dental-procedures-for-impacted-wisdom-teeth-737.aspx

Free Dental Consultation