Hi there, I had a root canal on my tooth #19, about 7 years ago. This tooth has been giving me problems again for last couple of years. I went a dentist who told me that I have an infection there, tooth is not good for another root canal & the best is to get the tooth extracted. While I have some root canal work needed on the tooth next to it as well #18. I want to know if I get the tooth extracted, WHAT is the best solution An IMPLANT or A BRIDGE ? also how long do I need to wait after the extraction to get a Bridge or Implant? Thanks and Regards. PS: I have Xray of my tooth if I can send to you for a review.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - March - 2013, at 10:14 AM

• If the reroot canal is not possible and the extraction is the only solution then it is better you go fo the implant as for bridge thee next tooth that is the tooth #20 has also be used as the abutment and it has to be reduced. For implant you have to discuss with your dentist. It can be put immediately after extraction but some times because of infection the implant can not be put immediately. In such cases one has to wait for 6weeks to 3 months before the implant is put. For more info on dental implants you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation