Yesterday I had a very difficult and painful extraction. After the procedure I was told it wont hurt too long for too bad, aleve and tylenol will take care of it. That's good to hear, means this shouldn't be so bad. However once the anesthetic wore off, I entered a world of pain, and it hasn't let up. I'm throwing up from pain level. I called the dentist about it, he said the OTC is all he could tell me to do. That really isn't working for me, but I don't want to come off as suspicious, I know talking about pain raises a lot of eyebrows these days. Is there another procedure that can be done, should I go to the ER, get a second opinion, try talking to my dentist again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2015, at 20:04 PM

• After difficult tooth extraction, sometimes pain  is quite severe as bone cutting has to be done. But it wears of in a day or two. You can go to ER and they can prescribe you some additional pain killer tab for this situation. Rest, take all meds, follow all the instructions, take liquid diet and maintain good oral hygiene. After 24 hours tooth extraction, start doing warm saline rinses. If the pain continues then you can talk to your dentist. for more info on problems after tooth extraction, you can check  this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-tooth-extraction-890.aspx

Free Dental Consultation