I got a line drive in the chin almost 28 years ago. My dentist in my hometown then put my teeth back in. I had root canals within a couple days of the accidents. One of the teeth recently came loose so my regular dentist said it was time to pull them and get a marilyn bridge and that I might as well get the other one pulled at same time, because it would be just a matter of time for that tooth. Well my regular dentist said he could pull them no problem. The loose one came out easy the other did not. When he finally got it out part of the root broke off inside the gum. Now he wants me to see this oral surgeon about pulling out the rest. The root nerve has been dead for years. All I want to know is if I can just leave it there. My gums have already healed over. I just feel like I do not want to mess with it. Just anxious to get my bridge in. What advice do you have??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - March - 2012, at 01:31 AM

• If the broken part of the tooth is very small then we can leave it as it resorbs by itsself but if it is big piece then you should get it pulled out as it can cause infection later on and at that time the bridge has to be removed and the root pulled out. You can discuss with your dentist and if he says that it should be pulled out then you should get it pulled out. For more info on tooth extraction you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-during-tooth-extraction-880.aspx

Free Dental Consultation