Hi, one of my front teeth is longer than the adjacent one's it is also misaligned however I'm 27 years old already and i do not want to go for clip, as i feel it will weaken my bone over a long period of time but i wanted to check if the teeth that is longer can be filed and brought to a normal length to match that of the adjacent ones.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 27 - March - 2013, at 06:24 AM

  • For this you have to visit a cosmetic dentist who will examine and see how much longer and malaligned your tooth is than the adjacent teeth. He can do selective grinding to adjust the lenghth of tooth is it is not much longer than the other or he can suggest you some other alternatives like veneering or crowning the tooth. This  is very common problem. Though the best option in these cases is braces but if you donot want to go for braces then cosmetic dentist can only help you out by doing some aesthetic treatment. For more info you can check this article in our website.. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cosmetic-dentistry-85.aspx

Free Dental Consultation