I had an MOD Filling a few weeks ago on one of my molars. Since then my tooth has become increasingly more uncomfortable. It hurts to chew, sensitive to cold, my ear aches and the pain is unbearable. I went back to the dentist today and they changed the bite a little and put a sensitive coating over the top. If the pain persists do I have any other options beside having a root canal? Also while I was at the dentist he took a xray of the tooth in question and the picture showed a space between the filling and my tooth. could that be the cause of my pain? Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - August - 2012, at 05:15 AM

• Yes there shouldn't be any space between the filling and tooth. Filling should be snuggly fitting into the prepared tooth. What i suggest you is to get the refilling done as this is the most probably cause behind pain and sensitivity. Due to space, there is microleakage going on and it might further damage the tooth. So, get it treated asap. For more info on pain after dental filling visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation