My 10 almost 11 month old daughter Norah was playing with her daddy while she was in the pack and play. He was on the outside and putting his finger up to the net and she apparently tried biting his finger through the net and got her bottom tooth caught on the net and yanked back. Her gum was bleeding and her toooth is the tiniest bit loose :(. She seems fine now she ate her dinner and her tooth seems to be ok.. but her gum is a little purpleish like it it bruised or something. I plan on calling a dentist or her doctor in the morning. Has anyone else had any ecperience in a similar situation?? I am worried, I hope her gums are ok and her tooth is ok as well =( -worried mom

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - March - 2014, at 05:21 AM

• In such situations if the tooth is not very mobile and  bleeding stops though the gum is still tender or purplish red, you donot have to worry but take care not to give her anything very hard. Give her soft food and donot make her bite from the front teeth. As these are milk teeth and at age of 11 months, the root is not completely formed. So further trauma should be avoided for 3-4 days otherwise healing takes place and in case of children it is quite fast. for more info on children dentistry, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-children-dentistry-33.aspx

Free Dental Consultation