Dear Dr.s, I'm Sarah from Basrah Iraq and I have a big problem: my gum has a long lasting infection that causes my teeth to move and the bones to dissolve. Yesterday, I went to a dentist here and his answer was that he can do nothing except cleaning the gum and teeth to restrict the infection. Is there a way to help me? How can i upload an image of my x-ray to you to examine? Regards, Sarah

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - February - 2012, at 10:14 AM

  • From your symptoms it looks like that you have the advanced stage of gum infection in which the bone resorption is there . it is called as the periodontal disease. For this cleaning the gums will not be effective. You have to visit the gum specialist called as periodontist who after doing the clinical examination and taking the radiographs will assess the situation and accordingly will make the treatment plan. You may have to go for the gum surgery along with the bone grafts. For more info on gum surgery you can visit the following link....

Free Dental Consultation