My daughter who is 8 years old have tongue thrust and open bite. She was doing some excercises which was refereed by a orthodontists. Now she has a minimal of open bite problem but the tongue thrusting is there. She had a toungue thrusting appliances which is removable few days before. Today I observed that she is still having her tongue out between the front teeth while she is sleeping (but her mouth is always closed; when we open the mouth, we could see the tongue between the front teeth). I am concerned now; is it normal to still have the tongue out when the kids have the removable tongue thrust appliances. Pls advice.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - July - 2013, at 20:27 PM

• Discuss this with your Orthodontist because if she brings her tongue between the teeth even with removable appliance, then either the length of cribs on the appliance has to be increased or may be some fixed appliance has to be given because if she does not stop this habbit then future orthodontic treatment will be relapsed. For discusss this with your orthodontist. for more info on braces you can check this link in our website.....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation